Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm back!

Hello there,
I’m back, and what a trip it was! Well I had an amazing 8 day vacation that took me to South America, Ecuador and Galapagos, to be exact. I was accompanied by 14 students and 2 adult chaperons. One of my best buddies, Lindsay, is a teacher at the high school where I work. Every couple of years he organizes a trip somewhere outside of Canada. He always needs a female chaperon, and I just happen to fit that bill (lucky me). This is the second trip we have taken together, the first being New York, the second Ecuador and Galapagos. I’m supper lucky to have gone. Even though there have been students involved, we have always had a great group kids that made the trips a joy (for the most part). 
Some of the highlights of my trip were: Straddling both the Southern and Northern hemisphere via the Equator line, Shopping in the handy craft Market in Quito, hiking the base of Cotopaxi, the Charles Darwin Research Center, hot nights on the pier in the isle of Santa Cruz, and the BEST mojitos ever. God! It was a great trip.


I love to travel, and I get this burning to plan the next trip as soon as I return from the one I’m on. I have a couple of places in mind for my next trip. Mexico is an option, and Barcelona is a desire. I’ll have to wait and see which one happens first.
I won’t bore you with all the details of my trip, but I’ll leave you with a few of my favorite traveling quotes and a few of my favorite photos from the trip! Thanks for following, fellow bloggers, hope you enjoy the photos!

Melanie
 “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” – Freya Stark




















“All the pathos and irony of leaving one’s youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.” – Paul Fussell


SOTD:
Yer spring by: Hey Rosetta!

A thought to make you smile:
Only two months of school till summer break!






1 comment:

  1. Sarah and I went to Barcelona last summer. It's an AMAZING city. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

    ReplyDelete