Wednesday, April 25, 2012

We.Are.The.Relentless!


Hello Blogers!

This past weekend my church hosted a youth conference, U- Turn, it was a success! We averaged about 80 youth throughout the weekend. Good numbers and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I had an awesome time, helped Kristen run the games Saturday afternoon. I also helped out with the coffee house. Got a chance to get to know the kids better and saw the youth grow in Christ.  It was a good time!

My youngest brother, Shawn, and three of his buddies have formed a band, they call themselves We. Are. The. Relentless. At our conference they had their debut show, it was awesome. Even though he’s my brother, I was still a little skeptical.I have to say I was impressed. One of their songs, Crooks and Castles, had the grooviest rifts and made me get up out of my seat, ready to party. I was pleasantly surprised! It was great to see them perform and I was so proud of Shawn. He has grown into an amazing drummer. Looking forward to see what becomes of their little band, I’m rootin’ for them!





I’ll leave you with some photos of the show. Hope you are all having an awesome week, and keep on rockin’ in the free world!








PS. I went to Grande Prairie on the weekend and while I was at the mall a dance Flash mob broke out, it was awesome! very cool to be a part of!
Melanie

SOTD:
Angel from Montgomery by: Bonnie Raitt
Thought To Make You Smile:
Sippin’ Chai tea on your front porch on a summer evening.

4 comments:

  1. I just realized I use the word amazing too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn is an amazing drummer. I miss playing with him in Chi Alpha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let him know! I miss playing at Chi Alpha too!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete