Thursday, August 9, 2012

Home Sweet Home!


Hello Again,
The only thing lovelier then this breathtaking island is the people who inhabit it. Well the first week of this vacation has been exhilarating! It has been two years since I’ve been in Newfoundland and four since I’ve been in my hometown of New-wes-valley. That length of time, without a visit, has been way too long. It’s been exciting to visit my old stomping grounds. I started my trip in my favorite city - St. John’s. I saw all the sights, ate at some of my favorite places, heard awesome music, and spent time with the best of people. Next, I got to road trip with my best friend to our hometown, via Bonavista for some photo ops. Denise is a photographer, so it was not hard to convince her to veer off of the beaten path and head to Bonavista. Bonavista is stunning, so many natural wonders that you feel like your head is on a swivel just to take it all in. I ran into an old friend there, who was working at the heritage site. It was a pleasant surprise to see him and catch up. Bonavista was lovely, after a quick dessert stop at a local tea room we were on our way home.  All of these pleasantries could only be topped by being back home. Catching up with all my old friends, visiting my old haunts, and spending time on my “magic” beach has been a joy. Some things have changed, a few people I won’t be able to see, but there are a few things that will always stay the same - The warmth of Newfoundlanders and smell of the salt sea air. God, I love this place! Well, the next leg of my vaca will take me to Lewisporte (Central Newfoundland) for a cousins wedding. I’m looking forward to seeing my Nan and catching up with my family members, I’ll keep you posted. Hopping your vacation/summer is wonderful!
Melanie.





















SOTD:
In My Life by: Beatles

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Sunsets over Newtown! (maybe I should change this bit to a thought that makes me smile haha! but if you were here you would smile too)

No comments:

Post a Comment