Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DIY Corner Office

Hello again,
Well, managed to get through another Monday (I HATE Mondays) and came out smiling. Saw The Hunger Games last night, with Shawn and Lindsay. I have to say I enjoyed it. Now, to get the books.  I can never seem to wait until the next movie comes out. I have an unnatural desire to find out what happens in the end. So, I must get the books (always better anyway) and find out the fate of certain characters. Yep, I’m that girl who reads the last chapter of a book first. I start reading, like any normal person, then I fall in love with a character and have to know if they will be with me in the end. It’s a desire I have to fulfill, I’m a slave to my instincts, hahaha! Looking foward to buying and reading all three of the novels in the next little bit.


I have been working on a little “corner office” of my own lately. In my apartment there’s a spare room and I’ve turned it into an office/guest room. I have literally taken a corner of that room for my office. I love repurposing things, scoring at yard sales or thrift store. I enjoy turning someone else’s junk into my treasure. Most of my “corner office” consists of a bunch of DIY projects, store discounted Items, or secondhand furniture. It’s still a work in progress but it’s coming along nicely,  here are a few photos to fill you in on my progress.


I found these great frames at the local thrift store and removed the old cardboard pictures from them. Then I filled them with some cork I had bought at the hardware store. Before I secured them to the back of the frames, I covered them with a material that had a fun print. Volia! the cutest corkboards. Loved the end result!







  I also made a memo board for the office by inserting a magnetic board into an old frame I had bought at a yard sale. I painted it a great shade of teal. I decided to go with that color scheme because I had a couple shades of blue lying around from earlier projects.






The desk and a few of the office accessories are also secondhand. I love the size and shape of the desk. Perfect for ALL those craft projects needing to be finished (eye roll). That will happen sometime soon, right?










Anyway there you have it, a sneak peek at my work in progress. Hope you're all having a great day. Chat later!
Melanie


SOTD:


Born to Die by: Lana Del Rey


A thought to bring a smile:


Heart shaped patches on the elbows of sweater sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment