Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Remembrance long weekend!


Hello,
This past weekend was wonderful. It was jam-packed with, shopping, makeovers, birthdays, movies, games, baking, and times of remembrance. Friday we had a lovely Remembrance Day ceremony at school. I’ve always tried to take time and honor the sacrifice of the men and women who gave of themselves for my benefit. I find the selfless attitude humbling and inspiring. I’m proud to say that I’m a granddaughter of a World War II veteran. My paternal grandfather, Fredric Pittman, served five years during the Second World War. His bravery and sacrifice overwhelms me with pride. I pray for peace for this world and honor the lives given to attain the peace I’ve known in my life.

"And now every [November] I sit on my porch and I watch the parade pass before me and I watch my old comrades, how proudly they march reliving old dreams of past glory and the old men march slowly, all bent, stiff and sore. The forgot heroes from a forgotten war and the young people ask, "What are they marching for?" and I ask myself the same question. And the band plays Waltzing Matilda and the old men answer to the call.But year after year their numbers get fewer some day no one will march there at all."
- Eri Bogle.



After school I joined my buddy Sue on a shopping excursion for a new party dress. She picked out a beautiful dress and looked lovely in it. I rushed home to meet up with a couple other friends, Jill and Judith, we went out for supper and stopped back at my place for a good chat that lasted well into the night.I love nights like that!!! Saturday was my friend Allison’s birthday; she wanted a make over, so we went shopping to get her a new outfit and makeup. I gave her a makeover she looked amazing! Good bones to work with, right Al? We all went out for a nice dinner followed by a movie. We saw the new James Bond flick I loved it. I had heard some mixed reviews but I loved the film, probably my favorite thus far. Sunday was an impromptu supper and games night at my brother Jon’s. I baked a cake but it kind of fell apart, the top of the cake didn’t want to let go of the pan :( The only redeeming fact was it tasted good. We played the game Quelf, It is such a fun game that I'm going to dedicate a whole blog to it, which will happen in the near future. Monday was a lazy day, I did a little shopping with my mother. I spent the rest of the day chilling out, resting before heading back to work. The weekend was great, I grow more in love with long weekends as time goes by, I guess everyone does? Hope you all had a great long weekend and have a great week ahead. 


Melanie.















SOTD:
I've Got This Friend by: Civil Wars

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Long weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment