Monday, November 5, 2012

A Spooktacular Holiday!


Hello ghouls and goblins,
I’m writing a little late with my Halloween post, but better late then never right? Halloween was great fun again this year. I enjoyed both the adult Halloween festivities, the weekend before the holiday, and those at school on the 31st. The weekend before Halloween I got do a little Christmas shopping with a friend and hear some really great music with my brother. My friend Lindsay and I took an impromptu trip, to the city, to do a little Christmas shopping. It was nice to get away for the day. When I got home my brother had scored two free tickets to Dr. Hook and asked if I would like to accompany him. Would I like to accompany him? Hells yeah! It was a great show, the band was fantastic. The old guy can still rock out for a 75 year old. It was a privilege to see such a classic rocker. Playing dress up has been a favourite pastime of mine since I was a young child; the desire has never left me. I got to pacify that desire by dressing up for Halloween at school. I love seeing all the creativity the staff and students put into their costumes. This year I went as a broken china doll. I wanted to use things I had at home and not spend money on a new costume. I was pleased with how the costume turned out. I hope you all had a spooktacular holiday!
Melanie

A gypsy fire is on the hearth, Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
 Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Hallowe'en!
~Author Unknown



















SOTD:
Danse Macabre by: Camille Saint-Saens

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Leftover Halloween treats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment