Sunday, July 8, 2012

We Walk In Fields Of Gold

“We Walk In Fields Of Gold”
Hello Fashionistas,
Can I just say again that I adore summer? Some part of me thinks that the Mayans had it right. The warmth and the light (not to mention the vitamin D) is something I look forward to after long months of cold and darkness in Northern Alberta. I am so happy it’s here and that I have the summer off from work to enjoy it! I had a great start to my summer; one of my best friends came to visit from Newfoundland. Yvonne arrived last Sunday and we have had plenty of late nights chatting and catching up. It’s been two years since I’ve seen her last, crazy how time flies! It’s been so good to see her and spend my first week of summer reading, chatting, shopping, and sleeping in.  We’re hoping to do a couple of road trips while she is visiting, I’ll keep you informed!
The Canola fields are in full blossom and are looking radiant this time of year. We thought we would take advantage of it and snap a few photos! While I hope to return to Newfoundland to live in a few years, I’ll miss the seas of yellow. Hope you enjoy!
Melanie

Orange and blue are the hottest trending colors of the season, and we decided to wear them on the hottest day of summer!



A Backward glance!






Yvonne displaying her lovely accessories!



This is my favorite necklace, at the moment, it a porcelain teacup from Etsy!







P.S. Really missing you Denise, wishing you were here!



Yvonne's Outfit:                                                    
Dress:Penningtons                                                  
Shrug:AdditionElle                                                
Earrings:Giftshop,Cozumel,Mexco                       
Bracelet:Reitmans                                                                      
Ring:Gift Shop, Cozumel,Mexco


My outfit:
Skirt:Penningtons
Blouse:Evans
Necklace:Etsy


SOTD:               
Rabbit Heart by Florence + The Machine.

A Thought To Make You Smile:
The smell of fresh baked chocolate chip cookies!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful as always ladies! Hope you have a wonderful time catchin up! Please tell Yvonne that I've been working on my Hermit Cove tan! Safe travels and happy everything!

    Val :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks val! Yvonne said she can't wait to see your tan!
      I think we share the same kind of tanning traits :)

      Delete