Saturday, September 22, 2012

Summertime Sadness.

Hello,

The official first day of autumn has arrived. I know I said I wouldn’t lament the passing of summer, but with the help of Lana Del Ray’s Summertime Sadness I am in a lamenting mood. I love the first few lines of the song “Kiss me hard before you go summertime sadness I just wanted you to know that, baby, you're the best” - What a way to say goodbye. So, goodbye summer, you will be missed.

Autumn do have its perks, fall fashion is one of them. I love being able to layer my pieces, gearing up for the cooler weather. Leggings and sweaters make it possible to wear my summery dresses all year long. And they always feel warm and cozy!





I bought this dress at the end of the summer season ($10 whoop!). It’s a summer dress but the colors work for fall. I teamed it with my black cardigan. This cardigan is an oldie but a goodie, every wardrobe should have that cozy and versatile black cardie. My new boots are the star of the show. I am so in love with them! Got them for my birthday, what a great gift hey? I think my favorite things about them are: the color, and that they look great with a dress or a pair of denims. I finished off the look with earthy colored accessories. Both are so old I’ve forgotten where I got them, but I like the vibe they bring to the outfit. Thanks again for checking in, hope your fall started out right.
Melanie








Outfit Deets:
Dress: Penningtons
Cardigan: Addition Elle
Leggings: Penningtons
Boots: Evans
Earrings/ring: ?

SOTD:
Summertime Sadness by: Lana Del Ray

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Warm Sweaters.

1 comment: