Wednesday, October 24, 2012

David Francey Show!

Hello guys,
Sorry for the little hiatus. No excuse really other then being lazy, but hey happens to everyone right? Well, back to the grindstone. I wanted to share about my musical excursions a few weekends ago. Friday, after work, a few friends and I headed to Athabasca Theater to hear a Canadian singer songwriter by the name of David Francey. I wasn’t familiar with his work but I was in for a surprise. He was very entertaining. His stories and songs were very interpersonal. I think writing that comes from relationship or a personal place reaches so many people. How amazing is that? We are all interconnected. Music can surpass language, race, gender, age, and position. What a beautiful gift! Friday was a good night. If you ever get the chance to see David Francey check him out, he’s worth it. 

On Sunday evening Allison, Shawn, and I headed to the Belle Centre to have a listen during open mike night. I wasn’t intending to perform, just listen. I somehow got roped into singing a few tunes. It was a fun time. The host ,Jeff, is great and saved me when I crashed on the last song. Regardless, the evening was a great one. It’s always a good time, so if you like music and have nothing to do on a Sunday you should check it out. Have a great week, chat soon.

"And the night shall be filled with music, and the cares that infest the day shall fold their tents like the Arabs and as silently steal away."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.


Melanie








SOTD:
Sweetest Taboo by: Sade

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Getting a hug when you really needed one, but the giver had no idea you did. I love it when that happens. 








No comments:

Post a Comment