Friday, October 5, 2012

Thankful!

Hello Lovely People,
I’m so excited for the Thanksgiving holiday and the four day weekend! I can smell the turkey and bread pudding now (Drooling). While I do enjoy the Thanksgiving feast, I’m most thankful for all the blessings in my life. For health, love, shelter, family, friendship, employment, and a few extra pleasures. I'm very grateful for a God who provides all of the afore mentioned and much more. This year Jon (my brother) will be hosting Thanksgiving. I love spending time with my family any day but it’s all the more special to have them close on the holidays. We will be celebrating on Monday, all seven of us, well nine including two extra guest. A couple of the new teachers on staff, who will be away from their families during the holiday, will be joining us. I’m looking forward to the festivities and I’m sure I'll check in soon with a blog post about the evening. Stay tuned…

I was sorting through my closet the other day. Getting the summer clothes put away and making room for a warmer selection. As I was organizing I came across this older skirt. I had bought it a number of years ago and kind of forgot about it. I love the color and flower detail on the skirt so I thought I would style it for fall. I pieced it with my favorite lace blouse and a natural color cardie. My fall boots brought the outfit together. Really liked this one! Wore it twice in one week even.  

Here's wishing you all a lovely Thanksgiving with lots of memories and new things to be thankful for!

Melanie.




Got this lovely brooch for a birthday gift, I love anything that has to do with the ocean.



I Scored these earrings at a yard sale for a dollar, I think I got a good deal!




Not really sure what the hell kind of pose this is suppose to be? but I thought I'd include it for a laugh :)



Outfit Deets:
Cardie: Walmart
Blouse: Silhouettes
Skirt: Penningtons
Leggings: B & Lu
Boots: Evans
Earrings: Yard sale
Brooch: Gift


SOTD:
Art Teacher by: Rufus Wainwright

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Havin' a laugh around the table after a great meal with the fam! 

5 comments:

  1. Hello Melanie, you are gorgeous, and I fallen for your pink skirt.
    I am your new follower. I am sure we are going to be great blogger friends, yeahhhhhhhhhhhh
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that! Though it's still awhile away for me, I always get so excited for Thanksgiving and just all the blessings of family. Pretty brooch and pink skirt :) Happy Thanksgiving! xo Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa, I hope you have a lovely time with family at Thanksgiving. I've been following you blog for a while now and I always enjoy your sense of style.

      Delete
  3. Thanks ladies! I'm really glad you decided to join my site. I'm new at this thing so your support is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete