Sunday, May 13, 2012

Glenmary graduation 2012


Hello there,

   Well, it was a big weekend here in the Peace country. The Glenmary graduation was this weekend past.

   Friday started with a three thirty sound check, and quick practice followed. We ran out to get food for the choir around five. Then we all had a quick bite, and mass started at seven. I got home around quarter after nine. Mass was lovely, all the songs came together and the students and families seemed to have enjoyed it. All the practicing had paid off. Saturday was the next big thing: Graduation day!


It was an early rise on Saturday. I had promised to do the hair and makeup of one young student. I was a little nervous that I would screw it up, but we were both pleased with the end result. She looked lovely. I did a simple, pinned curl, up do. For her make-up, I kept it simple: soft, smoky eye in neutral colours. Again, she looked lovely. We choose brown accessories to accent her coral gown. Great color combo!








After the ceremonies I was invited to my friend’s house for her daughter’s graduation BBQ. What a great time we had. She was so beautiful and grown. It’s crazy to think it’s been almost four years since I moved here and started working at the school. I’ve been blessed to have such great friends around me, friends that make you feel like a part of their family!


I woke up early this morning and started to get ready for mother’s day. The family went to church,I stayed home and cooked dinner. On the menu was: Sesame and honey chicken served over jasmine rice, accompanied by brussel sprouts and sweet corn. It turned out very tasty. I would never call myself a master in the kitchen but I guess practice makes … better?





I set the table with some extra care today. I wanted things to look wonderful for two very deserving mothers, my mother and my sister in law. After dinner was under control, I got ready, and waited for my family to return home from church. Dad had bought some roses for mom, always a beautiful center piece. I also picked up some cute cupcakes for desert! (Which my nephew covered himself in – so cute) It was great to spend some time together as a family! I’m so blessed to have the mother that I do! Here is a great quote for that special mother in your life!

“Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person, having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with a breath of kindness blow the rest away.” ~Dinah Craik

Here’s wishing you all a relaxed and peaceful week!
Melanie

SOTD:

Your Protector by: Fleet Foxes

A Thought To Make You Smile:

Watching your nephew cover himself in his chocolate cupcake while both of you giggle the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment