Monday, May 21, 2012

Sunshine and sundresses!

Why hello,
   Today was so beautiful, the sun was shining and warm. The wind was low and the perfect temp. It was a great day to be living in the Peace. The weather has been great here these past few days and that means I’m busting out the summer clothes!!! After church today, all the family went out for dinner. After dinner Jon and Karla went home to put Nate to bed, he was a little tired. Mom, Dad, and I went for a drive; we stopped to get a few shots along the way for this post. Big thanks to the both of them for their photography skills. This is the first fashion post for my blog, and a sundress seemed to be just the thing. Got to be honest, it’s a little weird having a photo shoot and posting photos of yourself … but, a little fun too! I’m no fashion expert, but I do love to shop and I like to look my best.  I guess the point of this fashion post is to give some info about the plus size clothing stores where I love to shop. Also, to share some tips about what to wear to flatter all your curves!
"A woman without curves is like jeans without pockets. You don't know where to put your hands."
 -  Italian Proverb

My brother Jon just spent a week in PEI, he accompanied a student to the science fair nationals. While he was there he found this cool little vintage shop. The store also sold locally made jewellery. He picked out this awesome piece for me. I LOVE it! The necklace is very dramatic. I wanted to pair it with something a little simpler. My white sundress was it. The open neckline of the dress also gave the necklace the room it needed. I love it when my accessories dictate my outfit.




The dress is five years old, but I still love it as much now, as the day I bought it. A white, cotton, sundress never goes out of style. The dress is A line dress, very flattering to any shape, especially, if you are heaver on the bottom. I like the length of the dress, just below the knee. The leggings brought the tones of the necklace down into the outfit.


I love my cardigan, it’s a new piece I bought for the summer. The button detail on the sleeve was a sell point for me.Its Kelly green gives the outfit just the hit of colour it needed. I finished off the look with the perfect pair of flats, white with Kelly green trim and polka dots. I think this outfit came together nicely!!
Melanie
The photographers!

Cardigan: Jessica London
Dress: Addition Elle
Leggings: b & lu
Flats: walmart
Necklace: Gift

SOTD:
Fumbling towards Ecstasy By: Sarah McLachlan
A Thought to Make You Smile:
Late night picnics!

No comments:

Post a Comment