Thursday, May 31, 2012

Coral and Lace!

Hello everybody,

Hope you are all having a great week. I am! Seems the week is rushing by and that makes me happy. ALWAYS looking forward to the weekend. Well, this is a rare midweek post. Seems I get more time on the weekends to post, rather then midweek. However, this week I have found the time. This is my second fashion post. I was feeling confident with my outfit, so I got the chance to snap a few photos last Sunday. With the help of my photographer mother, we managed to get some decent photos.


Coral seems to be one of the trending colors of the year, and just my luck, it happens to be one of my favorite colors. It's also the color of the dress I chose for this blog post. I found this great dress during my travels last year in Europe. I got the chance to hit up Evans (they ship internationally, if you can't get there) one of my favorite stores for GREAT plus size fashion. Check them out!






 The following photos are hilarious (well to me anyways) because it looks like I'm either eating or shoving the flowers up my nose. Neither of which are true, but it does make for funny photo fails!









Not only do I love the color of this dress, but I'm also in love with the lace detail. Lace, another hot number this season, gives a feminine air to the dress, one that I've always been drawn to. Attention to detail, no matter how large or small seems to be a sell point for me. 



 I teamed the dress with black leggings and shrug. I like coral and black together, and I like the extra coverage I get form the leggings. The dress is a little shorter then most I wear, I liked the combo.





These shoes are another gem from my Euro trip, last summer. I think Kristina (my travel buddy) and I pushed the limits on shoe purchases. I believe a whopping eighteen pairs between us, pretty good for one suitcase each! I love the lace ups and side cut outs on these flats.I also like the grittiness of the shoe, much more "street" then the dress.The juxtaposition of, the grit of the shoe and the sweet of the dress bring a nice contrast to the outfit. 




Another plus of this dress is the lace and gather around the bust line, very flattering. The dress I mean, hehehe!





Lastly, the dress is covered in a layer of chiffon. Chiffon gives any dress a lovely fluidity. The material is very forgiving of most body imperfections. The color, attention to detail, and feminine touches makes this one of the favorite pieces in my closet! 


 


Well, thanks for reading. Have a great week or whats left of it, and have a greater weekend. Looking forward to mine! and the possibility of another post?
Melanie.


Shrug: Old Navy
Dress: Evans
Leggings: Addition Elle
Shoes: Evans


SOTD:

Catch the wind by: Donovan


A thought to make you smile:

A great song, that you had forgotten about, is playing on the radio!
















2 comments:

  1. Coral is your colour, you look beautiful in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur hair!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete