Friday, June 29, 2012

Tea for two ... or three ... or more!

Hello there loves,
Wow, June has been a crazy month! It’s been a world wind of birthdays, father’s day, yard sales, year-end parties, grad parties, and bridal showers. All that, on top of work and everyday life makes for a busy June month. Finally, it all has come to an end. School is finished and life is slowing enough to catch my breath. My summer has started and I’m loving it! I’m looking forward to picnics, reading, traveling, seeing old friends, and new places. It’s a new kind of busy, but it will be welcomed!


Tuesday past, I hosted a tea party themed bridal shower for my friend, Kristina. She is getting married next month and we (some of my friends from work) wanted to surprise her with a relaxing night of wine, laughs, and lingerie. She is a fan of tea, so I thought what better way to celebrate her nuptials then putting on hats and pearls and throwing an old fashioned High Tea. The night went great! We all had a great time and we all looked great. Kristina got quite a surprise and went home with a smile and some really cute articles of clothing to add to her closet.

Melanie

Enjoy the photos:

I made these cute invitations for the party. I found this awesome template online and prettied them up with some ink and decals.





I found some teapots and cups at the local thrift store, bought some fresh flowers, and decorated my apartment with these little arrangements! they turned out fantastic!



The ladies of the court!!!





Had some hats and "pearls" available for the ladies.















Some of the food, we had a great spread! thanks for pitchen' in with the food ladies!






I tried making fondant for the first time, made these little hats for the cupcakes. They turned out ok, I'll get better with practice, right?


The bride-to-be!


My apron served as a make shift dress! I thought she looked great!


Happy bride, happier husband?


Toasting the bride!




Strawberry short cake skewers! Soooo good!




Thanks for tuning in again. Now, go and pour yourselves a nice warm cup of tea.



SOTD:
Out of Touch by: Hall and Oates.

A Thought To Make You Smile:
Summer sunsets 

No comments:

Post a Comment